Date of publication of current version: 27 October 2017
- 1. Background
("Website") and Services (as defined below) provided through the Website. By using or
the Website, or by using any content or information provided as part of the Website/Services,
“Your" or “User" shall mean any natural person who uses the Website for availing
Services. The term “We", “Us", “Our" shall mean the Company, its employees,
authorised agents that perform any services on the Company’s behalf.
modifications will become effective immediately upon posting to the Website and Your continued
the Website, and/or the Services constitutes Your agreement to such modifications. You agree to
- 2. Services
- 2.1.We enable the Users to post queries, suggestions and/or file RTI Application(s)
through Our Website. Our aim is to promote transparency and good governance by creating relevant
data for the benefit of both the User(s) and government bodies.
- “Applicable Law" shall mean any statute, law, regulation,
judgment, notification, rule of common law, order, decree, bye-law, government approval,
guideline, requirement or other governmental restriction, or any similar form of
decision of, or
determination by, or any interpretation, policy or administration, having the force of
law of any of
the foregoing, by any Authority having jurisdiction over the matter in question, whether
- “Authority" shall mean any national, state, provincial, local or
government, governmental, regulatory or administrative authority, branch, agency, any
or commission or any non-governmental regulatory or administrative authority, body or
organization to the extent that the rules, regulations and standards, requirements,
orders of such authority, body or other organization that have the force of Applicable
Law or any
court, tribunal, arbitral or judicial body;
- “Minimum Age" shall mean any person aged 18 (Eighteen) years and
- “RTI" or “RTI Act" shall mean the Right to Information Act,
India, with all the rules and regulations in force;
- “RTI Application(s)" shall mean the written application(s) made to
concerned government office/ department seeking certain information in accordance with
the RTI Act.
- 3. RTI Application Requests by User(s)
- 3.1.A User shall be able to access all the content/ information available on the
without mandatorily registering on the Website.
- 3.2.A User can post a query/ suggestion and/ or file a RTI Application in one of the
- (i)Public Interest Requests:
- A User may choose to post a query/ suggestion and/or file a RTI
the Website anonymously, without signing-in on the Website. Such query/ RTI
Application and any
response received from the concerned governmental authorities for the same,
shall be publicly available on the Website.
- A User may choose to post a query/ suggestion and/or file a RTI
Application through the Website, by signing-in on the Website.
The requests will be sent in the name of a representative of YouRTI, not
in the name of the User.
In this case the User shall be able to track the status of the RTI
receive email notifications for updates on the status of the RTI Application.
Such query/ RTI
Application and any response received from the concerned governmental
authorities for the same,
shall be publicly available on the Website, without mentioning the name/ any
other details of the User.
- (ii)Private Interest Requests:
A User may choose to post a query for submission under the RTI
Act through the
Website, by signing-in and providing the specific details when prompted by the
Website. If the query requests information that is specific to a particular
individual or private entity, it shall be deemed a Personal Interest Request.
YouRTI may request a payment of a fee from the User to submit such a request.
The User shall be
able to track the status of the RTI Application and receive e-mail notifications for
updates on the status
of the RTI Application. Such RTI Applications shall be posted in the User’s name and
from the concerned governmental authorities for the same, shall directly be received
the User. Such RTI
Application and any response received from the concerned governmental authorities
the same, shall be not
be available publicly on the Website.
- 3.3.Upon posting a query on the Website, the User shall be provided a unique
(“Unique Identifier"). The User must maintain and use such Unique Identifier to
responses to the query posted.
- 3.4.Except for Private Interest Requests, all other queries/ information posted
Website shall be available publicly on the Website, without disclosing the identity of the
posting such a query/ information. Accordingly, the User shall ensure that the query/
does not contain any such information that may disclose the identity of such User. If any
information posted by such User results in the disclosure of the identity of such User on
of such information, the Website shall not in any way be held liable for the disclosure of
identity of such User.
- 3.5.We shall use all best possible efforts to collate information/ responses for
Public Interest Requests posted by the User(s) by collecting the data available on
public records, information received by activists etc. We may in our sole discretion, decide
pursue and file a RTI Application for certain Public Interest Requests posted by the Users
Website. However, We cannot guarantee (i) a timeline within which a response shall be
such query; and/or (ii) that a response shall be received for such query.
- 3.6.In the event a User wishes to file a private RTI Application
(Private Interest Request) through the Website, the User may do
posting their query/ information required, in simple language and paying a nominal fee ("RTI
Application Fee"). Upon filing an RTI Application through the Website, the User
provided a unique identifier (“Unique RTI Identifier"). The User must maintain and
Unique RTI Identifier to view updates/ responses to the RTI Application.
- 3.7.We shall draft your query/ information, in appropriate language and share
with you for your approval. Once the User provides his/her consent to the RTI Application,
file such approved RTI Application with the concerned government office/ department. We
send You periodic updates on the progress of Your RTI Application. We shall take all
efforts to regularly follow up on the RTI Application, however, We cannot guarantee (i) a
within which a response shall be received for the RTI Application; and/or (ii) that a
be received for the RTI Application.
- 3.8.Upon receipt of response for a query and/or a RTI Application filed through
Website, except for Private Interest Requests, We reserve the right to publish the same on
Website and/or commercially exploit the information received in any manner, including but
limited to, providing the same to interested news agencies or any other third party.
- 3.9.In the event, a RTI Application does not receive any response, receives a
response, or receives an inadequate response and the User wishes to pursue such RTI
User may be required to pay certain additional charges (“Additional Charges") towards
appeals under the RTI Act in order to pursue their RTI Application.
- 3.10.In the event the User does not wish to pursue such a RTI Application, but
to pursue such RTI Application, then no Additional Charge shall be charged from the User. We
the right to pursue any RTI Application, which in our sole discretion, is of importance to
- 3.11.To register on the Website, the User shall be required to provide certain
details/ information. The Website collects, stores, processes and uses Your information in
information, You consent to the collection and use of the information that You disclose on
- 3.12.Every registered User shall allocate themselves a unique identification
and password ("User ID" and "Password"). If You use the Website as a
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your User ID and Password. You
responsible for all activities that occur under Your User ID and Password.
- 3.13.You agree, inter alia, to provide true, accurate, current and
information about yourself as prompted by the Website registration form. You also agree to
update Your information, if it changes.
- 3.14.If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or
incomplete or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue,
current, incomplete or that You are misusing Your account in any manner, We reserve the
indefinitely suspend, terminate or block access of Your membership/ refuse to provide You
access to the Website.
- 4.Representations, Warranties and Obligations of the Website
- 4.1.We hereby represent and warrant that:
- We are in compliance with the Applicable Law to provide Services, subject
- 5.Representations, Warranties and Obligations of the User
- 5.1.You hereby represent and warrant that:
- You are a natural person, of the Minimum Age, have read, understood and
- You shall provide accurate information and details at the time of
shall also keep the contact information up to date;
- You agree to only post queries, suggestions and/or RTI Application(s)
violate Applicable Law or any third party’s rights including such third party’s
property rights as well as any other rights of such third party, whether under
under a contract. You further agree not to use the Website to carry out any unlawful
- You agree to not post queries, suggestions and/or RTI Application(s) that
unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or
offensive, or are otherwise inappropriate or violate Applicable Law; and
- You agree to indemnify the Company, its employees or authorized
any damages, claims or suits arising due to or out of a breach of these representations
warranties or a breach of any third party’s rights including such third party’s
property rights as well as any other rights of such third party, whether under
under a contract and/ or due to any violation of Applicable Law by You.
- 5.2.We reserve our right to remove queries, suggestions or not file RTI
block or terminate the profile of a User from accessing the Website, if it is brought to Our
and We are fully satisfied, that a User has posted queries, suggestions or posted a RTI
reserve the right to all other available remedies for such breach, against such User, as
- 6.Intellectual Property Rights
- 6.1.1.All content included on the Website, including but not limited to,
graphics, logos, designs, photographs, button icons, images, video clips, digital
data compilations etc., is Our property and is protected by the Applicable Laws with
intellectual property rights. We reserve the right to terminate Your engagement with Us,
in Our sole and absolute discretion, believe that You are in violation of this clause.
- 6.1.2.The content made available on or via the Website, is provided
‘AS IS’ for Your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied,
distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited
other purposes whatsoever without Our prior written consent. We reserve all rights, not
expressly granted in and to the Website.
- 6.2.1.YouRTI.in is the domain of the Company. The Website, including, but
limited to its graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names
trade dress of the Company. The trademarks, domain names and trade dress of the Company
not be used or reproduced without prior written approval from the Company, and may not
in connection with any product or service that is not affiliated with the Company.
- 7.1.The Website may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The
Sites are not under the control of the Company. We are not responsible for the content of
Site, including, without limitation to, any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes
updates to a Linked Site.
- 7.2.We are not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by
User from any Linked Site. We are providing these links only for convenience, and the
any such link does not imply endorsement by the Company, of the Linked Sites or any
its operators or owners including the legal heirs or assigns thereof.
policy and such other additional policies of the Linked Sites. You further acknowledge and
that We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss
alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content,
advertising, products, services or other materials available on or through any Linked Sites
any errors, defamatory content, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscene content,
material, or any profanity contained therein.
- 8.Engagement Models and Payment Terms
- 8.1.One Time Fees/ Charges:
- Private Interest Request charges: A User shall be charged a
amount for each Private Interest Request, made on/ through the Website.
- Additional Charges: A User who chooses to pursue a RTI Application
not received (i) any response, (ii) negative response, or (iii) an inadequate response,
required to pay certain additional charges. Such Additional Charges includes the
charges towards filing appeals under the RTI Act, and an additional fee as ‘convenience’
- 8.2.Subscription Model:
- A User can access all queries/ suggestions/ responses received for
Applications (except Private Interest Requests), any other content available on the
of advanced search functions, options to save responses for bulk downloads, access
instead of scanned pdf files, by paying a monthly subscription charge (“Subscription
- 8.3.User(s) can make payments through any of the following available options:
- 8.4.The User agrees and accepts that all nuances and modalities relating to
payment using PayPal, Debit/Credit Cards or other payment methods (“Virtual Payment
shall be separately governed by arrangement(s) / terms and conditions between You and the
banks. We shall not be responsible, in any manner whatsoever, for any liability that may
relation to the Virtual Payment Modes (including any fraudulent transaction).
- 8.5.While availing any of the payment method(s) available on the Website, We
will not be
responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising
indirectly to You due to (a) Lack of authorization for any transactions; (b) Any payment
arising out of the transaction or (c) Decline of such transaction for any reason.
- 8.6.You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided Us, is
banking nor financial service.
- 9.Fraud and Improper Conduct
- 9.1.You may only access the Website and use the Services for lawful purposes.
solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all provisions of
pertaining to Your use of the Website. You agree that You will not in any way:
- Interfere with the ability of other Users to access or use the Website/
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication or otherwise act in a manner
affects other Users ability to use the Website or the Services;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected
Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks
- Upload or post or use the Service to transfer, any content or other
contains or constitutes viruses, Trojan horse or other code with malicious, disruptive
- Use scripts, automated procedures such as bots, robots, spiders, etc. to
recreate or disturb the normal functioning of the Website;
- Use any automated data collection techniques or procedures or programs to
- Undertake e-mail harvesting using bots, robots, spiders, scrapping, etc.
User’s e-mail ids;
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the account of any
or otherwise interfere with any other User’s use of the Service; and
- You shall not use any false or misleading information (e.g., false or
names, email addresses or URLs) when using the service, including, without limitation,
to any identifying information for Your account, and all information that You provide
accurate and correct, and You must update any changes to such information, so that it
- 10.Limitation and Disclaimer of Warranty
- 10.1.The Website, the Services and each portion thereof are provided "AS IS"
warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent possible pursuant to
Applicable Law, We disclaim all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Website,
Services and each portion thereof, including, but not limited to, non-infringement or other
violation of intellectual property rights.
- 10.2.We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or
- 10.3.We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or
damages, whatsoever incurred by the User due to use of the Website’s Services or due to the
availability of the Website Services.
- 10.4.We make no representation or warranty that the information/ content
the Website shall (i) be accurate or reliable; (ii) be uninterrupted, timely, secure or
(iii) We will rectify any errors found in the information/ content/ Website or on the
software. Further, access to the Website shall be contingent to Your internet accessibility
shall not be held liable for any lack/ sporadic breaks in Your internet accessibility.
- 10.5.Any information/ content posted on the Website does not reflect our opinion
on the subject matter. We shall not be responsible for the opinions or views expressed by
on the Website.
- 10.6.We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or
damages, whatsoever, if the information/ content posted by a User contains material errors,
(or could be subject to a claim that it is) defamatory, invades the right of privacy, or
any third party’s rights including such third party’s intellectual property rights as well
other rights of such third party, whether under Applicable Law or under a contract or
right of any entity.
- 10.7.We reserve Our right to change, supplement, alter or remove any
content as We deem fit.
- 10.8.We reserve the right to publish on the Website, any response received for a
Application filed through the Website and/or to commercially exploit the information/
received by providing the same to interested news agencies or any other third party, as We
- 10.9.We shall not be liable in the event any damage or loss occurs to your
system, mobile, or any other electronic device, or any data, as a result of viewing the
- 10.10.If You are dissatisfied or harmed by this Website or anything related with
and/or terminating Your account on the Website.
- 10.11.We shall be entitled to disclose to the Authority, as required by
or by any directive or request from any government body, the particulars of a User engaged
- 10.12.We shall be entitled to add, to vary or amend any or all these terms and
conditions at any time and the Users shall be bound by such addition, variation or amendment
such addition, variation or amendment is incorporated into these terms and conditions, and
amended terms and conditions are on the Website.
- 11.1.You undertake to indemnify Us fully, for any losses or damages resulting
third party claims or complaints arising from, or in connection with Your actions on the
third party’s intellectual property rights as well as any other rights of such third party,
under Applicable Law or under a contract.
on the Website from time to time or upon a misuse of the Services by You.
information related to You with respect to the Services availed by you. Further, You will no
be able to log into the Website.
pursuant to Applicable Laws, including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and
limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to
superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the
Policy (provided on the Website) constitutes the entire agreement between you and the
respect of the Services and supersedes all previous written and oral agreements between You
Website, if any. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive
right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- 15.Governing Law
Kansas, without reference to conflict of laws principles. The courts in Kansas, shall have
exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes arising in relation to, or under, these
- 15.2.You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Kansas, and agree
any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and
in such courts.
- 16.Contact Information
- 16.1.In case of any questions, complaints or claims related to the Services
this Website, or for any other specific query, please write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.