This is with respect to the road construction activities on the road near Bunts Sangha's S.M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce and Management Studies, Powai, Mumbai, connecting Ridge road to IRB road. The road has been under construction for the last few weeks, because of which it has been completely closed for commuters. Since this road connects Chandivali to Powai, closing this road has had a significant impact on the traffic within Chandivali.
1. Provide the Number of times in the last 5 years this road has been worked upon.
2. Which department is currently working on this road and what is the work scope.
3. Provide the timeline for the current work on this road and by when will the road be opened to commuters again.
4. The road is made of cobblestone and not bituminous, which is the reason behind the same.
5. Intimate the name of the agency which is responsible for maintenance of the IRB and ridge road.
6. The IRB road has developed extreme wave-like undulations. Who is responsible for maintenance and correcting the same.
7. The alternate road- Lake Homes road, inside Lake homes complex has put up posters that it is a private road and thorough-fare is not allowed. Is Lake home road a private road or public road.
8. Is there any plan to expand roads to improve the connectivity of Chandivali to Powai, especially considering the new Housing projects in this area which will further strain the limited connecting roads.