Mulund-Airoli road forms a major link between Navi mumbai and Mumbai. The stretch of a few kilometers however has multiple traffic lights and bottlenecks.
1. Provide the details of criteria which are used to identify need of a footover bridge in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai.
2. Which authority in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai is responsible for identifying locations for new foot over bridges.
3. There is no foot-over bridge but a traffic signal for vehicles to allow pedastrians at Airoli - Mulund road near Ambedkar Bhawan, this can be easily removed by providing a foot over bridge. Because of what constraint is a foot-over bridge for pedastrians not provided here.
4. Details of traffic police personnel who are on duty at Airoli circle on Mulund-Airoli Highway.
5. What steps are planned to improve the traffic situation at Airoli circle on Mulund-Airoli Highway.
6. What steps are planned to improve the traffic bottle neck at the intersection of Mulund Airoli road and Thane belapur road on both sides.