This request is regarding the paper diagnostic test for COVID-19 announced earlier by CSIR. This test called FELUDA has been covered in a number of media sources as a major achievement of CSIR India.
1. Information requested on the amount of government funds utilised for the development of the above said test. Please provide details of grants obtained, source, duration and amount which culminated in the development of the tests. Information is also requested on the names of people who contributed to the development of the test.
2. Information requested on how many internal or external validations were performed for the test. Please provide the details of the agencies, dates, number of samples, test accuracy provided by each of the agencies. Information also requested on the dates of approvals provided by office of the Drug Controller and ICMR
3. Was due diligence followed for licensing of technology. Did the technology transfer follow an open request for participation ? When was the request put out ? How many companies approached with respective dates and what reasons were provided for the acceptance or rejection of the requests for participation.
4. Please provide the details of the intellectual property of CSIR pertaining to the above said test along with the details of filing, and current status of granting of the intellectual property with dates granted. Does the intellectual property provide freedom to operate internationally
5. Please provide the financial terms and conditions for the technology transfer to Tata diagnostics at the time of transfer. Information is also requested on the dates the agreements were signed by the relevant parties.
6. Information is requested whether the technology deployed for use by the organisation in all of its institutes or centres. Of the institutes that were offering diagnostics for COVID-19 during the previous 3 years, how many institutes used the test and how many numbers were tested during this period. Information is also requested on the total number of COVID-19 tests performed at CSIR , and of which what numbers were performed on the paper strip test.
7. If CSIR laboratories have not been using the test, kindly provide information on the reason for not using the test. Information is also requested on communications if any with dates , to respective laboratories on the availability of the test.
8. Information requested on whether any awards been conferred for the people or organisation for the development of the test. if yes, information requested on the awards, dates, emoulments received and organisations conferring the award.
9. Information requested on the financials committed and received from Tata by CSIR on licensing or royalties for the above said test with dates.